MANAGER OF GENERAL FACILITY SERVICES
OSU INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Custodial & Facility Services
52,000.00 - 58,000.00, Salary
M-F 7:30a-4:30p (may vary)
GENERAL SUMMARY: Primary responsibility is to direct and
coordinate the daily operations of the assigned Custodial and General Facility Services
Staff for all campus facilities including academic, residential life, and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and coordinate the daily operations of the Custodial Services staff for the entire campus facility.
- Assist the Sr. Manager of Maintenance Operations in coordinating the daily duties of the general facility services staff.
- Supervision of two different custodial staff shifts consisting of 15+ full time employees.
- This staff is also supplemented by multiple work study students.
- Responsible for the recycling program, floor maintenance, discipline, employee/staff relations, Residential and University Housing coordination, sanitation, special event coordination, budget planning, equipment procurement, and coordination of work study program workers.
- Maintain records for department, time sheets, hiring and other administrative duties.
- Responsible for time reporting for all custodial and general facility services employees, expenditure documentation, equipment logs, hiring and separation, and other employee related paper work.
- Maintain a quality control program to ensure standards are met.
- Document and assign work using a work order management system for general facility and custodial staff.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Please upload cover letter, resume, and list of references for full consideration.
To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate degree
in Business or related field from an accredited college or university;
Bachelor degree preferred.
combinations of education and work experience may be considered if
- Evidences a history of demonstrating
ethical and professional behavior.
- Three years’ related experience
in custodial work with documented experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of custodial equipment
- Knowledge and experience with
floor care and floor care equipment highly preferred.
- Experience working with chemical
cleaners, high-speed cleaning equipment, cardboard baler, and forklift.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Must be able to read and understand MSDS sheets and department
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities simultaneously and
work with minimal supervision in a highly self-motivated manner.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Position requires that employee be able to stand, walk, kneel,
crouch, bend, reach, and walk up and down stairs. Must have use of all limbs.
- Good oral and
written communication skills.
- Ability to
communicate effectively with a positive attitude.
- Excellent listening
skills and customer responsiveness are essential.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- This position is classified as essential personnel, which may require attendance at work during inclement weather.
The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this job. They are
not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of personnel so classified.