INSTRUCTOR - WESTERN EQUIPMENT (NAEDA)
OSU INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
School of Transportation and HEVI
54,000.00 - 59,000.00, Commensurate with education and experience
12 month appointment (trimester)
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position will facilitate learning for an associate in applied science degree in the Western Equipment Dealer Association Program (NAEDA) within the School of Transportation & Heavy Equipment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain accurate records of students' progress and provide them to administration when appropriate.
- The instructional load, which is 15 credit hours per semester, may consist of day and night classes or distance learning.
- This person will also be expected to maintain regular office hours.
- Developing and updating course materials and curriculum in conjunction with the STHE faculty, advisory committee representatives, general education faculty and technical program faculty will be an essential job function.
- Assume daily responsibility of housekeeping and maintenance of classrooms and laboratories.
- Willingly provide tours for prospective students, parents and other campus visitors.
- Routinely attend and participate in special events, e.g. graduation, student extra-curricular activities, advisory committee meetings, student move-in day, employee recognition functions, student club activities, field trips, etc.
- Willingly spend the time necessary to accomplish assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Maintain up-to-date course outlines, objectives, assignments and tests.
- Serve on appropriate curriculum committees.
- Willingly participate in both unit and institution-wide student persistence efforts.
- Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with industry representatives and partners.
- Design interactive, engaging, technology-enriched and applications-focused student learning experiences.
- Participate fully in the academic assessment of student learning in alignment with the expectations of accreditation and governing entities.
- Willingly assist with the wide array of OSUIT’s student recruitment strategies.
- Represent the School and University in appropriate professional and community organizations and related activities.
- Fulfill other responsibilities to meet the needs of the School or OSUIT.
Please upload cover letter, resume, and list of references for full consideration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Other combinations of education and industry experience may be substituted for degree. Upon hire, must have an approved plan on file to obtain Bachelor degree.
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- Five years of evidenced industry experience, technician trainer or diesel instructor.
- Teaching experience in Higher Education preferred.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with diverse constituencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of diesel engines, fuel systems, hydraulics, failure analysis, electrical electronic systems, power trains, a/c and undercarriage.
- Ability to plan, organize and fulfill complex initiatives.
- Computer skills to include electronic communications, word processing, and the ability to use specific software associated with the position are necessary.
- Ability to maintain high standards of work, initiative, commitment, ethics, professional responsibility and judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with and promote diverse populations.
- Superior interpersonal skills—including the ability to effectively recognize and resolve complex problems in a constructive manner.
- Must exhibit characteristics of a team player, willing to take initiative and assume responsibility.
- Ability to foster and support innovation and excellence.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively recognize and resolve conflict.
- Valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
- Industrial equipment certifications.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Travel required.
- Normal classroom physical environment; ability to lift up to 25 pounds.