||FOOD SALES CLERK
||OSU INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
||OSUIT Food Services
(Contingent upon available funding):
|10.25 - 10.25, Hourly
||Schedule to be determined.
|Faculty Appt Period:
GENERAL SUMMARY: Assists in the Student Union cafeteria to provide meals to students, employees and public; and provide catering services for on and off campus functions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Run and balance register.
- Provide customer service in dining area, including dining area sanitation.
- Assists with cooking, food preparation and serving.
- Assist with catering for on-campus and off-campus functions.
- Assist with stocking and cleaning of food service and prep areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Special Instructions to Applicants
||Please upload cover letter, resume and list of references for full consideration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- Previous experience working in the food industry.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Six months cash register and cash handling experience preferred.
- The ability to read and comprehend both written and verbal instructions.
- Must be customer-service oriented.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to multi-task and assist in any area necessary.
- Ability to resolve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, co-workers and other campus personnel.
- Ability to communicate with a positive attitude.
- Excellent listening skills and customer responsiveness are essential.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively recognize and resolve conflict.
- Valid Oklahoma driver’s license is required if performing the functions of the position necessitates the use of a university or personal vehicle.
- .Must maintain a Food Handler’s permit.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Available to work special events, some of which may be at times other than standard work hours.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, and have full function of all limbs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must meet the physical demands of the position.
- Will be required to work during inclement weather conditions.
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe
study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and
students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU
conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a
background check. The type of background check conducted varies by
position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and
misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial
history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted
when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university,
it is reasonable and prudent to do so.