BUILDING TRADES GENERALIST
OSU INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
12.92 - 14.51, Hourly
M-F, 7:30a-4:30p (may vary)
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position serves as a general carpentry
person in the maintenance and operation of facilities on the OSUIT campus. This person will also serve as a locksmith
for all campus buildings and facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, maintain and repair steel and wood doors and jambs; install acoustical ceiling grid and tiles, frame walls and hang sheetrock.
- Install and repair toilet partitions, vct, carpet and porcelain tile.
- Installation of rubber base cove and installation of handicap rails and soap dispensers.
- Ability to do cabinetry and mill work fabrication.
- Repairs all locks (mechanical and electronic), doors, and door hardware as needed.
- Maintains and repairs all door closures; responsible for cutting and duplication of all mechanical keys as needed.
- Responsible for documentation of all work performed including maintenance operation reports, expenditures, services requests, damage reports, warranty work and replacement needs. This will include the use of a computerized work order system.
- Maintain documents and records for maintenance procedures and expenditures.
- Maintain current on all work order documentation and supporting data as directed.
- Works closely with the auction of surplus supplies.
- Assists in the moving of furniture and equipment among campus departments.
- Requires some weekend work; weekday work schedule may vary with work performed and due to weather conditions.
- Will provide support to other Physical Plant departments when needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Please upload cover letter, resume, and list of references for full consideration.
To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- Five years’ experience working in facilities maintenance or carpentry preferred.
- Locksmith experience highly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities simultaneously and work with minimal supervision in a highly self-motivated manner.
- Skilled in construction, roofing and the operation of construction equipment.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of power tools.
- Position requires that employee be able to stand, walk, kneel, crouch, bend, reach, and have use of all limbs.
- Must be able to read and write and follow directives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a positive attitude.
- Excellent listening skills and customer responsiveness are essential.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Oklahoma driver’s license (Class B CDL license preferred).
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Exposed to outside weather conditions, including extreme cold and heat.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- This position is classified as essential personnel, which may require attendance at work during inclement weather.
The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this job. They are
not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of personnel so classified.