The Department of Nutritional Sciences offers a comprehensive educational experience for ~400 undergraduate and ~50 graduate students who are interested in promoting the health and wellness of individuals as well as communities through the prevention and treatment of disease. Faculty members working with the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Services affect the lives of individual Oklahomans for the better by applying research findings to real-life settings in homes, schools, and businesses.
College of Education and Human Sciences
The College of Education and Human Sciences is home to three departments and four schools. As a partner with the Division of Agriculture Sciences and Natural Resources, the College of Education and Human Sciences has access to Oklahoma Agricultural Experiment Station funding and Family and Consumer Sciences educators in each of Oklahoma’s 77 counties.
OSU is a comprehensive land-grant institution with an enrollment of ~22,000 students and is committed to excellence in instruction, research, and outreach. In addition to the main campus in Stillwater, OSU also has campuses in Tulsa, Oklahoma City, and Okmulgee. Stillwater, a city of ~49,000 residents, is situated 65 miles from Oklahoma City and Tulsa. With an affordable housing and relatively modest cost-of-living, the Stillwater and surrounding communities provide outstanding public schools. There are a variety of activities available on campus and in the community including music, drama, art, speakers, outdoor recreation, and sporting events. OSU offers employees and their family free membership to the Colvin Recreation Center and Seretean Wellness Center. For more information, please go to http://go.okstate.edu (for OSU) or http://www.visitstillwater.org (for the City of Stillwater).
| || || || || || |
Faculty Position in Nutritional Sciences at the Rank of Assistant Professor
The Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service and the Department of Nutritional Sciences is seeking a qualified candidate for a tenure-leading faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor. The successful candidate will have an appointment in the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service with Family and Consumer Sciences that is integrated with their instruction and research responsibilities in the department. This 11-month position has an anticipated start date of July 31, 2022 (contingent upon available funding). In addition to a competitive benefits package, the salary is commensurate with candidate qualifications and experience.
To help best meet the evolving needs of the state, the department is expanding its research portfolio and academic programs in Public Health Nutrition. This area is focused primarily on developing, implementing, and evaluating evidence-based approaches to improve nutrition and health outcomes of individuals, families, and communities. Thus, we are particularly interested in candidates with research interests in Food Systems; Food Sustainability; and/or Policy, Systems, and Environmental Strategies. Individuals with a research focus on health disparities, and/or designing programs for rural and/or underserved populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
We seek equity-minded candidates that will contribute to a culture of inclusive excellence within the department, the College of Education and Human Sciences, and the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service. We are especially interested in candidates who demonstrate a commitment to training and supporting diverse populations through their instruction, research, and extension responsibilities.
- Earned Ph.D. degree in Nutritional Sciences or related field
- R.D. or R.D.N. credential is desirable
- Willingness and ability to contribute to Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service (OCES), Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) and the land-grant mission of Oklahoma State University
- Willingness and ability to participate in and develop collaborative teams with other faculty in the Department of Nutritional Sciences, OCES, and other faculty at Oklahoma State University
- Willingness and ability to teach both undergraduate and graduate courses as needed by the Department of Nutritional Sciences
- Potential for productivity in research, publishing, and ability to secure funding to support scholarly activities
position will require the incumbent to have documented proof of full Covid-19
vaccination status or an approved accommodation through the OSU Office of Equal
Opportunity upon hire.
Major responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate OCES programs and contribute to the creation of education/outreach materials related to food, nutrition, and health
- Train and support OCES/FCS county educators
- Collaborate with external stakeholders (e.g., state agencies, industry partners, and tribal partners) to enhance the health, nutrition, and well-being of individuals, families, and communities
- Conduct extramurally supported research that complements or extends existing departmental research foci
- Disseminate research findings through research publications, professional presentations, and other outreach media (e.g., FACT sheets, news releases, newsletters, and social media)
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in nutritional sciences
- Direct/supervise and advise/mentor M.S. and Ph.D. students
- Work collaboratively and effectively with interdisciplinary research teams to advance the teaching, research, and service/outreach mission of the department, college, and university
- Participate in professional activities and serve on appropriate committees in the department, college, university, and profession
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted online at https://jobs.okstate.edu. Please search for requisition number 10320 (req10320).
Please be prepared to enter or attach the following documents:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Application/Cover Letter (2-page maximum) describing relevant professional experience for this position
- Contact information for three professional references including e-mail address and phone number
To ensure consideration for this position, application materials must be received by December 1, 2021, though the review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
- For questions about the position, contact Dr. Stephen Clarke by email at email@example.com or (405) 744-5040.
- For questions about the application process, contact OSU Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 405- 744-2909.
Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visit https://eeo.okstate.edu.