INSTITUTIONAL DATA ANALYST
OSU INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
38,000.00 - 45,000.00, Salary
M-F, 7:30a-4:30p (may vary)
GENERAL SUMMARY: The position reports
directly to the Director of Institutional Research. This position is
responsible for assisting in collecting, researching, compiling, analyzing,
presenting and visualizing data for use in internal and external reports and
decision-making activities to support OSUIT planning and administration. This
position will assume the Director’s responsibilities when necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Director of Institutional Research to ensure the integrity and reliability of data collected and distributed by OSUIT.
- Collects quantitative and qualitative data for analysis, creates visualizations for presentation to internal and external stakeholders.
- Creates, organizes, and implements data collection instruments.
- Generates internal and external reports for student satisfaction surveys, alumni surveys, employer surveys, course evaluations, graduate surveys, and other surveys as needed.
- Provides visual, technical, and editorial guidance to institutional stakeholders for data collection and interpretation.
- Analyzes and synthesizes data for institutional stakeholders using appropriate graphics and visualizations.
- Responds to requests for information from, and assists in preparing data and reports for, internal and external audiences (e.g., HLC, OSRHE, and OSUIT administration, faculty and staff), such as program review data and benchmarking and performance indicators.
- Accurately inputs, warehouses, and manages data in databases.
- Completes projects accurately and on time.
- Develops and documents detailed processes for routine projects.
- Determines appropriate research design and statistical methodologies as needed.
- Coordinates special projects and studies as directed.
- Attends and participates in meetings and serves on committees as needed or required.
- Researches current issues, trends, and best practices.
- Creates and maintains functional and reliable dashboards, applying programming tools and skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Please upload cover letter, resume, and list of references for full consideration.
To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in data science, management information systems, visual science or computer information systems or related discipline from an accredited college or university required.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered if relevant.
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- Two to five years of proven work experience within education or related field.
- A positive attitude along with a professional appearance and demeanor should be modeled at all times.
- Must have a willingness to continually self-initiate learning to remain current in expertise.
- Proficiency with Banner, Congos, Tableau and/or SAS is highly desired.
- Must be service-oriented with the ability to work and respond effectively and efficiently to diverse audiences of internal and external clients, exhibiting high production standards.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, synthesize data, establish facts, draw conclusions, recommend and implement solutions in a timely fashion.
- Strong organizational skills as well as a demonstrated ability to multitask and work in a deadline-driven environment along with exceptional analytical, time management, and problem-solving skills are necessary.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Word), internet resources, and database programs is required.
- Must be flexible, innovative and self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication and mathematical, research, and statistical skills are required.
- Ability to develop and deliver oral presentations, data visualizations such as dashboards and infographics, and written materials for a variety of audiences and multiple venues.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively recognize and resolve conflict.
- Valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Travel may be required.
- Normal office physical environment; ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this job. They are
not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of personnel so classified.