OSU INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Physical Plant Services
11.96 - 13.49, Hourly
M-F, 7:30a-4:30p (may vary)
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position is responsible for managing and
maintaining warehouse operations. Receives freight deliveries, sends to proper departments, and maintains
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all day-to-day warehouse operations to ensure appropriate management of inventory, maintaining current inventory and storage records such as current list of furniture/equipment, including the implementation and management of a bar code system.
- Serves as the purchasing agent for warehouse operations, following all university guidelines.
- Maintains parts inventory using CMMS and prepares invoices accordingly.
- Process receiving and delivery of warehouse content. Accountable for monthly and yearly physical count of all inventory, their quantities, and total dollar amounts.
- Validate campus vendor invoices for names, numbers, quantities, product description, price, total cost, work order and building numbers (where applicable).
- Recondition and surplus inventory as needed.
- Provides supervision and oversight to laundry operations and the maintenance technician.
- Oversees student workers assigned to the warehouse.
- Insures warehouse meets safety standards and is kept organized.
- Responsible for receipt and unloading of freight with pallet jack and/or forklift; and documentation of the freight bill or bill of lading.
- Maintain current on all work order documentation and supporting data as directed.
- Requires some weekend work; weekday work schedule may vary with work performed and due to weather conditions.
- Will provide support to other Physical Plant departments when needed.
- This position reports to the Director of Physical Plant, but takes daily supervision from the Sr. Administrative Assistant.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Please upload cover letter, resume, and list of references for full consideration.
To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- Six months experience working in facilities maintenance or in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities simultaneously and work with minimal supervision in a highly self-motivated manner.
- Must have good general math skills and be highly organized.
- Must be knowledgeable in parts and supplies requisition and shop organization.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Position requires that employee be able to stand, walk, kneel, crouch, bend, reach, and have use of all limbs.
- Must be able to read and write and follow directives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a positive attitude.
- Excellent listening skills and customer responsiveness are essential.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
- Must maintain Forklift operation certification.
- Must earn and maintain an EPA Refrigerant Handler’s license within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends (if needed).
- Exposed to outside weather conditions, including extreme cold and heat.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- This position is classified as essential personnel, which may require attendance at work during inclement weather.
The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this job. They are
not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.