ADULT BASIC EDUCATION ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR
OSU INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Economic Development & Training Ctr
25.00 - 25.00, Hourly
Sept '22 to June '23
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position will be responsible for the delivery of evening instruction to students enrolled in the ABE program, for classes held in Wagoner, OK.
- Assists students with goal setting, as well as counseling students in post-educational endeavors including job skill development and/or providing post secondary options.
- Must be able to develop innovative curriculum that incorporates reading, writing, mathematics, like skills, and job readiness.
- Ability to develop creative, interactive, learner-centered lessons for students of diverse learning levels and learning styles.
- Must be willing to attend staff development workshops and complete required class documents by the appropriate deadlines.
- Other relative duties as assigned.
Please upload cover letter, resume, and list of references for full consideration.
Note: This is a grant-funded position, and continued employment is contingent upon available funding.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Three years experience in a formal educational environment required.
- Must have a current Oklahoma Teaching Certificate or license. Preferably high School standard or better.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and human relations.
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- Must be able to work effectively with diverse audiences.
- Must possess strong organizational skills as well as a demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be flexible, innovative and self-motivated.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively recognize and resolve conflict.
- Ability to work evenings.
The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this job. They are
not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of personnel so classified.