SYSTEMS ANALYST / PROGRAMMER
OSU INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
45,000.00 - 49,000.00, Commensurate with education and experience
M-F, 7:30a-4:30p (may vary)
GENERAL SUMMARY: Interface with
customers to analyze their information requirements. Design specifications,
code, test, implement, document, and maintain computer programs and databases,
primarily for creating reports and data files of specific query results on
student, financial, and human resources data. Monitor and report on Technology Services internal systems including but
not limited to ticketing, IDS, malware reports, data loss prevention reports, and
general administrative duties. Administer
and track cybersecurity awareness training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive programming and query requests and meet with appropriate personnel to determine the scope of the project.
- Analyze and estimate the feasibility and compatibility with other programs to ensure proper flow of work and best use of time.
- Design file output and reports.
- Convert and design specifications into computer code and SQL queries.
- Create test transactions and run tests to find errors and revise programs.
- Work with user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs and queries to meet needs.
- Maintain validation and other Banner tables as needed.
- Maintain documentation to describe full life cycle of program development and processes used to execute jobs to create outputs and arrive at end results.
- Consult with users on a routine basis, providing assistance regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs written.
- Provide training to end-users in the use of programs and ERP interface.
- Set up the daily production job submittals.
- Provide download files for other servers, systems, and applications.
- Diagnose problems correctly and quickly using a high degree of patience, troubleshooting, customer service, critical thinking, and researching skills.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve technical problems.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with all OSUIT employees.
- Other relative duties as assigned.
Please upload cover letter, resume, and list of references for full consideration.
To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree in
computer science field from an accredited college or university required.
- Evidences a history of
demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- Two years’ experience in programming
and database administration.
- Expert knowledge of Banner,
Cognos, SQL, Tableau, and other software as assigned.
- Must possess excellent critical thinking, logical reasoning, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills.
- Above average level of productivity, operating system, database and software skills.
- Understanding of networking, databases, and Internet.
- Must have a mastery of binary operations and possess algebra, mathematical, clerical, documentation, and logical operations skills.
- A positive "can-do" attitude
along with a professional appearance and demeanor should be modeled at all
- Must have a willingness to continually
self-initiate learning to remain current in expertise.
- Must be service oriented with ability to
work and respond effectively to diverse audiences of internal and external
clients, exhibiting high production standards.
- Ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, recommend and implement solutions in a timely fashion.
- Strong organizational skills as well as a
demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be flexible, innovative and
- Advanced verbal,
computer, typing, and written communication skills.
- Must possess
excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively recognize
and resolve conflict.
- Valid Oklahoma
driver’s license required if job duties necessitate driving a personal or
university vehicle for university business.
industry certifications are highly desirable.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.Provide on-call availability.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and have manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and efficiently repair computer equipment, and vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens.
- Travel may be required.
- Primarily a normal office physical environment. Some work in computer rooms where dust and dirt may have accumulated.
- Travel across campus with equipment is necessary.
The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this job. They are
not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of personnel so classified.