DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR / PROGRAMMER
OSU INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
38,000.00 - 42,000.00, Commensurate with education and experience
M-F, 7:30a-4:30p (may vary)
GENERAL SUMMARY: Provide information
technology support to all employees. Provide data collection, analysis, inventory,
and reporting skills as well as having accounting and budgeting
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze user needs and design data solutions and queries.
- Answer and respond to service requests, calls, emails, and personnel requests for data/software solutions and reports on a timely basis using excellent written communication.
- Create and close a Service Desk ticket for all requests for services.
- Diagnose problems correctly and quickly using a high degree of patience, troubleshooting, customer service, attention to detail, critical thinking, organizational, time management and researching skills.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve technical problems with databases.
- Interface the web front end, database, queries, exports and imports necessary to provide needed data.
- Fully document all processes and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with all academic and administrative divisions.
- Provide end-user training.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, maintain, document, and maximize database performance.
- Work with vendors to resolve issues in our database driven systems software.
- Document and provide accurate technical solutions to end-users on a timely basis.
- Maintain life-long learning to stay abreast of the latest technology, database advances, versions, and best practices.
- Upload, download, create and run queries on database applications, including Banner.
- All other related duties as assigned.
Please upload cover letter, resume, and list of references for full consideration.
To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree in a computer related discipline from an accredited college or university required.
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- Two years’ experience in technical support.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with hardware, networking, operating systems, and database software.
- Experience with SQL, Cognos, SAS, Tableau software and database schemas.
- Must possess excellent critical thinking, logical reasoning, troubleshooting, and decision- making skills.
- Understanding of networking and services and demonstrate Internet proficiency.
- Must have an understanding of binary operations and possess algebra, mathematical and logical operations skills.
- Must have excellent typing skills and knowledge of budgeting, inventory, and accounting.
- Must have a willingness to continually self-initiate learning to remain current in expertise.
- Must be service oriented with ability to work and respond effectively to diverse audiences of internal and external clients, exhibiting high production standards.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, recommend and implement solutions in a timely fashion.
- Strong organizational skills as well as a demonstrated ability to multi-task, thoroughly document, and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be flexible, innovative, and self-motivated.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively recognize and resolve conflict.
- Valid Oklahoma driver’s license will be required if job duties necessitate the use of a personal or university vehicle to conduct university business.
- Professional industry certifications are highly desirable.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends. Provide on-call availability.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and have manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and efficiently repair computer equipment, and vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens.
- Travel may be required.
- Primarily a normal office physical environment. Some work in computer rooms where dust and dirt may have accumulated. Travel across campus with equipment is necessary.
The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this job. They are
not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of personnel so classified.