The Library Collections Strategist will lead efforts to implement evidence-based collection strategies, management, and review. The collaborative and user-focused Collection Strategist will work closely with the Library's subject liaisons, personnel in other Library departments, and with campus faculty, staff, and students in a highly interdisciplinary research community.
ALA accredited Master's.
- Experience with library collection development, management, and budgeting
- Knowledge of current, evolving, and innovative models of collection development and scholarly communication
- Strong analytical and assessment skills. Ability to present data in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent core competencies including leadership, communication, project management, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with sensitive or confidential data
- Commitment to working with and engaging diverse students and colleagues within and outside the library
- Ability to assess new technology and use it to improve library services
- Excellent innovation skills
A successful Associate Professor for the OSU Libraries will possess strong organizational and leadership skills; have excellent communication and interpersonal abilities; demonstrate collegiality and an appreciation for diverse constituencies.
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.