|Upholding the values and mission of the institution, the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions supports a dynamic leadership team for a staff of 50+ professional staff members and 40+ student staff. The associate director will:
* represent the department, collaborating with other associate director, in the absence of the director including required decision-making, attending appropriate meetings on behalf of the department, and represent the director and/or department to the campus community and external constituents including the OSU Foundation and OSU Alumni Association. Ensure that daily operations, services, university alliances and external relationships are maintained.
* be enthusiastic and strategic, utilizing solid, contemporary research and knowledge of admissions mission, programs, and governing statutes. Shall emphasize individual attention, a high quality service delivery model and robust assessment.
* report to the Director; manage the units responsible for direct student service including all outreach efforts. Functional areas include, but not necessarily limited to: off-site and on-site recruitment including campus experience via tours and events, campus representation at college fairs, high school visits, off-campus events; training, consistent and effective messaging by all outreach staff.
* collaborate with director and other associate director to implement: long-term information management and technology strategies to positively impact enrollment goals and; work environment and resources strategies for employee professional development, efficient and proactive work habits, and commitment to team work.
* assist the Director of Undergraduate Admissions in performing essential budget planning and monitoring for departmental salary and maintenance budget.
*initiate, build and maintain positive working relationships with EBM partners, Oklahoma Board of Regents, OSU-Tulsa, OSU Graduate College, OSU Academic Colleges, and colleges/universities in the A&M system, Big 12 Conference and other peer institutions. Provide leadership for strategies supported by data related to successful recruitment/admissions functions.
Some weekend and evening activities will be required in order to meet the needs of prospective students and parents.
Ability to lift 45 lbs.(box of recruiting materials).