MANAGER, CUSTODIAL SERVICES
37,000.00 - 45,000.00, Salary
M-F 7:30a-4:30p (will vary)
GENERAL SUMMARY: Primary responsibility is to direct and
coordinate the daily operations of the assigned Custodial Services Staff for
all campus facilities including academic, residential life, and support
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and coordinate the daily operations of the Custodial Services
staff for the entire campus facility.
- Supervision of three different shifts consisting of 20+ full time
employees. This staff is also supplemented by multiple work study students.
- Responsible for the recycling program, floor maintenance, discipline,
employee/staff relations, Residential and University Housing coordination,
sanitation, special event coordination, budget planning, equipment procurement,
and coordination of workstudy program workers.
- Maintain records for department, time sheets, hiring and other
- Responsible for time reporting for all custodial employees,
expenditure documentation, equipment logs, hiring and separation, and other
employee related paper work.
- Maintain a quality control program to ensure standards are met.
- Document and assign work using a work order management system.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Please upload cover letter, resume, and list of references for full consideration.
To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
degree in Business or related field from an accredited college or university;
Bachelor degree preferred. Other combinations of education and work experience may be considered if relevant.
- Evidences a history
of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- Three years’ related
experience in custodial work with documented experience in a supervisory
- Knowledge of
custodial equipment and supplies.
- Experience working
with chemical cleaners, high-speed cleaning equipment, cardboard baler, and
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Must be able to read and understand MSDS
sheets and department directives.
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities
simultaneously and work with minimal supervision in a highly self-motivated
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Position requires that employee be able to
stand, walk, kneel, crouch, bend, reach, and walk up and down stairs. Must have use of all limbs.
oral and written communication skills.
to communicate effectively with a positive attitude.
listening skills and customer responsiveness are essential.
- Ability to work
evenings and weekends.
- This position is classified
as essential personnel, which may require attendance at work during inclement
The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this job. They are
not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of personnel so classified.