SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
OSU Institute of Technology
School of Transportation & Heavy Equipment
12.44 - 13.97, Hourly
M-F 7:30am - 4:30pm
GENERAL SUMMARY: Provides administrative assistance, clerical support and secretarial services for the Dean of the School of Transportation & Heavy Equipment, including appointment scheduling, communications, document production, travel requests, inventory, leave reports, meeting minutes, and division purchasing requests. Serves as office receptionist; greets, screens and directs callers and visitors to appropriate office or individual. Will also be responsible for providing assistance with an array of departmental reports and publications.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Custodian of program, personnel, and student records and files; provides program information and assists in enrollment of students; maintains calendar of events for School Dean and School Activities.
- Oversees and coordinates administrative, program and office activities.
- Establishes, selects, implements and coordinates office procedures and systems.
- Formats, keyboards, proofreads and edits correspondences, reports, grants and other material.
- Assembles attachments and corresponding material.
- Reviews outgoing material for accuracy, completeness, dates, and signatures.
- Assists new and returning students with enrollment, add/drops, plans of study etc.
- Assists with division tours, course schedules, section descriptions, etc.
- Responsible for the management of Pro-card system and other purchase acquisitions, monthly expenditure reports, yearly expenditures against budget, inventory reports, and development of requests for expenditures.
- Sets up and maintains various office files and records, reports and correspondence in digital and/or print form as required for reference and efficient operation of the office.
- Supports development and planning of initiatives using databases, websites, extract reports and minutes to support department planning, reporting and evaluation.
- Provides assistance to the School of Diesel & Heavy Equipment administration in administering and complying with institutional policies/procedures and is responsible for exercising good judgment and initiative in carrying out principal duties and responsibilities.
- Serves as liaison with advisory committee members, plans and implements program activities such as Advisory Committee meetings and New Student Orientation.
- Works closely with the Sr. Administrative Assistant for the Vice President of Academic Affairs to ensure the accuracy and completeness of reports and other required documents.
- Assists with preparation of various reports and proposals as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please upload cover letter, resume, and list of references for full consideration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate Degree in Business and Office Technology or related discipline from an accredited college or university required.
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- Two years of related office or administrative support work experience.
- Other combinations of training and experience may be considered if relevant.
- Extensive word processing abilities and MS Office applications.
- Proficient in spelling, punctuation, proper business English and excellent vocabulary.
- Ability to transcribe and type complex, technical and confidential documents accurately and to compose effective and accurate correspondence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and make contact with both internal and external constituents.
- Ability to work independently.
- Professional demeanor and ability to work with diverse clients and visitors.
- A positive “can-do” attitude along with a professional appearance and demeanor should be modeled at all times.
- Must have a willingness to continually self-initiate learning to remain current in expertise.
- Should be able to quickly grasp and apply training in learning new skills and methods.
- Must be flexible, innovative and self-motivated.
- Must possess excellent listening and customer service skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively
recognize and resolve conflict.
- Valid Oklahoma driver’s license is required if performing the functions of the position requires the use of a personal or university vehicle.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Normal office physical environment; ability to lift up to 25 pounds.