The Oklahoma State University Library seeks creative, tenure-track faculty members with a passion for web technologies, who are eager to drive their own projects, innovate, and take on challenges. Library faculty are engaged in the OSU academic research lifecycle and develop collaborations with other faculty, researchers, students, and partners. Additionally, a successful candidate will demonstrate collegiality, an appreciation for diversity, and the ability to foster an inclusive and collaborative environment.
As Assistant/Associate Professor, Web Services Librarian, you will:
- Manage the design, maintenance, and support of the library's website
- Explore technologies to improve access to library resources, services, and information
- Manage the library's suite of Springshare products
- Assist students, faculty, and staff with research questions via a variety of channels
- Provide support, consultation, and training to faculty and students regarding digital tools/platforms to enhance engagement in research, teaching, and learning
A successful Assistant/Associate Professor for the OSU Libraries will possess strong organizational and leadership skills; have excellent communication and interpersonal abilities; demonstrate collegiality and an appreciation for diverse constituencies. New or soon to be graduates are encouraged to apply.
You will be offered a competitive salary (minimum $55,000 annually) for this 11-month position with a generous holiday schedule, health care plans, and retirement options. As a new library faculty member, you will receive start-up funding for research and/or professional travel and have access to the Library's grant writer and development team as well as a full communication team.
Visit Dean Sheila Johnson's leadership expectations for OSU Library leaders on her website: https://library.okstate.edu/about/dean-of-libraries/leadership-expectations. For general information about the Library see https://library.okstate.edu/about/dean-of-libraries/.
Application review begins June 2, 2021, and continues until position is filled. For consideration of your application materials, you should apply through the University's website at https://jobs.okstate.edu.
- A master's degree from an ALA-accredited program, or a master's degree in a relevant field
- Familiarity with MODx Revolution, OmniUpdate, or similar web content management system
- Knowledge of interface design standards, information architecture, usability testing, and web accessibility guidelines (e.g. WCAG)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Dedication to excellent customer service
- Ability to meet university requirements in keeping with a tenure-track faculty position, including scholarly and creative activities, and service
- One to two years of relevant experience within an academic or research library
- Experience with Springshare Products
- Experience with learning management systems, such as Canvas
- Familiarity with Ex Libris Alma and Primo systems
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.